Are no images appearing on Facebook? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you will find out how to fix this issue. There are several reasons why images are not showing up on your Facebook account. This problem is noticed in the web browsers and even on the Android app. Facebook hasn’t released the solution for this issue officially. To solve the problem first, we should know what is causing the issue in your device. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
Factors that Cause no Image on Facebook
The issues that can cause no images on the most popular social media are given below:
- DNS not working: Yes if your DNS server is not running as it usually does, then it can cause several issues such failures in loading images for some specific sites such as Facebook and others. DNS does a great job in troubleshooting hostnames of different platforms and requests.
- Poor internet connection: Check whether your internet speed is optimized or not. You can play YouTube to check whether the internet is capable of streaming videos or not. If you see that YouTube videos are not playing, then that means you need a better connection.
- Network cache: Network cache does an essential job in playing all applications that require the internet to work. If there is an error in the network cache, then it may affect Facebook images too.
- Hosts file: These files are meant to handle the hosts on your device locally. If the host file is missing proper entries for your Facebook, then it may block images to load.
Now you know the basic causes of the “Facebook images not loading” error. Now you can troubleshoot this error with ease.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
It should be the first choice to solve the images not loading problem on Facebook. Here ‘s how to check it:
- Connect other devices with the same internet connection and then open Facebook in the other device to check if the images are loading. If images don’t appear on the other device too, then the problem is your internet.
- Try to check the internet speed with a third party application or default feature if possible. If the speed seems to be very slow, then it can cause no images on Facebook.
- Try to play YouTube videos; if videos are playing just fine, then that means the problem is not your internet. Some settings are preventing images from loading on your device.
That is how to check internet status. If your Wi-Fi is not working correctly, then restart your router to fix the connection issue.
Solution 2: Checking the Browser Settings
If you are using Facebook on your browser, then there is a possibility that a setting is preventing images. Here’s how to check and fix it:
- First of all, try to open another website on the same browser. If there are no images in the whole webpage, then it means the settings have disabled images.
- To enable images on your browser, go to the “Settings” and then restore all settings to defaults.
By doing so, you can fix this issue.
Solution 3: Setting Google’s DNS
If nothing is working for you, then don’t panic and follow the instructions to get this done. However, the below process is a bit long, but it should fix the issue. See the steps given below:
- Navigate to the Control Panel in your computer.
- Once you reached there, go to the “Network and Internet” option.
- Head to “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Choose the network that you are connected to.
- Head to the “Properties” option located in the lower-left corner.
- Open the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option by double-clicking on it.
- Tap the “Use the following DNS server Addresses:” and
then edit the below boxes with the values that are given here:
- Press the OK button to save your preferences. Now reboot your device to experience the changes.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on quickbooks support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.