In simple words, resetting means clearing-up your private data and turning off the device. There are plenty of reasons behind resetting the MacBook Air. One of the major reasons behind resetting a MacBook Air is that you may want to sell it. In such a case, resetting the MacBook is important. In this way, you shall not be risking your privacy.
There exist some more reasons like making the performance of your device better than earlier. For instance,for improving the speed of your device, you need to reset your device. In most of the cases, resetting your MacBook Air solves all your MacBook device-related issues.
Have a look at this blog carefully for knowing the ways of resetting the MacBook Air device.
The method of resetting MacBook Air: Have a Backup
Go through the given below steps one after the other properly.
- Firstly, connect to an external storage device.
- Then, press on the Apple symbol. It shall be situated in the upper left corner of the display.
- After that, press on System Preferences.
- Next, tap on Time Machine.
- Then, choose the Select Backup Disk.
- After that, choose the external drive.
- Next, tap on Encrypt backups.
- Then, press on Use Disk.
- Lastly, press on the ON option.
The method of resetting MacBook Air: Log out of the ‘iServices’
The method of logging out of the iCloud
- Firstly, press the Apple symbol in the upper left-hand side of the MacBook Air’s screen.
- Then, press on System Preferences.
- After that, tap on iCloud.
- Lastly, press on Sign Out.
The method logging out of iTunes
- Firstly, launch iTunes.
- Then, go through the menu bar. It shall be located on the upper side of the MacBook Air’s screen.
- After that, press on Account.
- Next, go to the pull-down menu, which gets displayed and press on Authorizations.
- Then, press on Deauthorize This Computer.
- After that, put the Apple ID and password.
- Lastly, tap on Deauthorize.
The method of logging-out of iMessage
- Firstly, put the combination of Command+Space Bar altogether.
- Then, write Message.
- After that, put Enter.
- Then, press on Messages.
- Next, tap on Preferences…
- After that, press on the iMessages tab.
- Lastly, press the Log Out option. It will be located in the right of your Apple ID.
The method of resetting MacBook Air (Doing a Factory Reset)
- Firstly, press the Disk Utility.
- Then, press on Continue.
- After that, tap on View.
- Next, click on Show All Devices.
- Then, choose your hard drive.
- After that, press on Erase.
- Next, go to the Format area, select the APFS if you are working on macOS High Sierra or after.
- Note that if you are working on macOS Sierra or older, then you need to select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- Lastly, tap on Erase.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on quicken support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.