Sometimes even after doing an upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10, the night light does not work. The night light is a feature which helps to decrease the blue light on the display during night time so that there is no strain on eyes. It is especially helpful for people who work for long hours.
Unfortunately, you might have noticed that sometimes this feature does not work properly. For instance, it doesn’t get disabled also after restarting or powering off the system. View the below-mentioned points carefully to know the ways of troubleshooting the blue light filter feature on your device.
The method of updating the graphics driver
You need to install the most recent video driver manually to solve the problem. It can be done by going to the computer’s manufacturer’s site, and with the help of the given steps, you need to update the device.
An alternative method is to reinstall the driver version that has been already installed on the PC.
- Firstly, view Start.
- Then, look for Device Manager.
- Next, click on the result shown on the top for viewing the application.
- After that, Expand the Display adapters branch.
- Then, view the video card.
- Next, right-click the device.
- After that, press Uninstall.
- Tick the Delete driver software from this device option.
- Then, press the Uninstall option.
- Lastly, restart the PC.
For making sure that Windows 10 installs the driver again, you need to follow the given below instructions.
- Firstly, press on Settings.
- Then, press on Update and security.
- After that, click on Windows Update.
- Next, press on Check for updates option.
The method of turning off Night Light fully
Have a look at the given below steps carefully.
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press on Devices.
- After that, click on Display.
- Next, disable the Night Light button by pushing the toggle.
The method of resetting Night light settings manually
Go through the given below points precisely.
- Firstly, go to Start.
- Then, write regedit.
- After that, press on the result that has been mentioned above for viewing the Registry.
- Next, browse the given below
- Then, go to inside the ‘DefaultAccount’ folder, right click and delete the given below two options.
- $$windows.data.bluelight reduction.bluelight reduction state
- $$windows.data.bluelight reduction.settings
- Lastly, restart the PC.
Congratulations! You have been able to fix the Night light issue on your Windows 10 device.
Morris is a professional software engineer by trade and a writer at night. He loves writing on emerging tech, SAAS – chiefly accounting software, AI, Machine Learning, and other geeky stuff. His major contributions are for quicken support and other accounting products.