In recent times, there are a number of potential HP printer consumers who have reported about ERROR:/.SFCompactDisplay-Heavy. The error code shows errors regarding the printer’s status displays. As a result, they are unable to print their essential documents. So, to resolve it, pursue the following guidelines and complete your print job with ease. It is highly suggested to be attentive while reading and implementing these steps.
Reset the Printer
In case the user wishes to reset the printer, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- First of all, attempt resetting the HP printer with a hard reset.
- Make sure that the printer is on.
- After that, detach the power cord from the wall and printer.
- You have to wait for some time. Connect the power cord into the wall.
- Thereafter, attach the power cord with the printer’s backside.
- You should switch on the printer.
- Finally, perform a test printer once the warm-up period of the printer.
Upgrade the Firmware of Printer
In case the user wants to upgrade the firmware of the printer, then abide by the provided steps.
- ERROR:/.SFCompactDisplay-Heavy should be due to out-of-date firmware of the printer.
- If you would like to upgrade the firmware, then switch on the printer.
- You should launch the page of ‘HP Software and Drivers’ in a web browser.
- Go to the Printer option on that screen.
- After that, input the number of printer model and click on the Submit button.
- You have to select the Firmware option to spread out that category.
- Later, navigate to the Download URL for the firmware.
- Now, to install the firmware, launch the downloaded file.
Clean the Cartridges and Printhead
In case the user wishes to clean the cartridges and printhead, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- You should clean the cartridges and printhead might solve the problem.
- If you would like to clean the printhead manually, then unbolt the ink cartridges access door with the printer switched on.
- Hold the tab on the cartridges front side to take out them from the printhead.
- You have to lift printhead latch to take out the printhead.
- Wipeout ink at the end of the printhead using a dampened cloth.
- Put the lower side of the printhead in a container of the plastic box which contains paper towels within about 5cm of warm water.
- Put the printhead for at least 10 minutes in a container that is soaked.
- Thereafter, take a dry paper towel and put the printhead on it to leave to dry.
- Go to the printhead and put the cartridges again into it.
- Now, shut the ink cartridges access door.
Check Out the Scan Doctor and HP Print
In case the user wants to check out the scan doctor and HP print, then abide by the provided steps.
- Go to the HP Print and Scan Doctor then download it.
- After that, launch the screen of HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Hold the Start tab on the screen of the software.
- You should choose the printer you require to solve.
- Go to the Fix Printing option and choose it.
- Finally, the software will identify any printer errors and its result.
- Go via the directions of software to solve any identified errors.
Those are some resolution which might solve this error for most users. For further solutions, you should get in contact with HP customer support within an account of HP Customer Support.
Alexa Thomson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on turbotax support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.